Thursday, May 19, 2011

My good friend Chad and I have always wanted to explore the vasco indian caves between Livermore and Brentwood. And today we finally made it happen. What a magical place. There are so many little and big caves all over the place. There's also a bunch of bones and me being such the Creep that I am had to collect a few. Hey I got myself a killer deer skull to add to my collection. Anyhoot we walked all around and I snapped a photo of what looks to be some Native american cave paintings still intact but a little hard to distinguish exactly what the objects were. Chad was about to go into this cave while I was not to far behind and he saw a mountain lion cub so we high tailed it right out of there! Oh boy our hearts were pumping especially his. I didn't even get to see it but I was going to try to go back to get a photo of it even though I did think about it. We plan on going back. Just on a side note this place used to be open to the public but because of vandals they closed it down.  They do have private tours that you have to pay to go on once in awhile. We decided hell, how bout we park our bikes off the road, hop that fence, go through that tunnel, slide down that hill, and hike on over there. Hope you enjoy these photos....




In this photo above you can see Indian cave paintings!! So amazing to see this in person.


Nature's toilet.....It even has an arm rest!! Classy, the Indian's definitely had a keen eye for beauty in nature



This cave was pretty big and spacious the prefect place to camp.

This web like formation was on the side of one of the cliffs. I can see a melting face. What can you see? 



This rodent skull was pooped out of an animal and is still lodged in with the fecal nugget.


Tarzan aka Chad



Pretty crazy while Chad was taking this photo I couldn't help but to watch a crow attacking a hawk in mid air. Amazing to witness.



No comments:

Post a Comment